Sunday 15 July 2012

Birthday Party

I am going purple with my writing today in honour of my little girl whose favourite colour is purple.
Well yesterday and today have been fun, 16 screaming kids and a ton of baking to do. It wouldn't have been so bad if my electric mixer hadn't died on me half way through baking my buns but hey ho I got there on the end lol.

So today is Emily's 6th birthday, and she had a party on the Sunday. Thirteen of her friends turned up which was lovely and she got some great pressies. Almost had a panic attack when the room wasn't open when we got there but got it sorted out quite quickly so that was good.

My niece had her 6th birthday party on Saturday. This is my three ready to go. Emily loves to have her hair curly though it takes me ages to do and lasts for about 15 mins before it all drops out despite copious amounts of hairspray.
Emily and Millie were born 3 days apart it was a race to give birth to them to see who would be first both went over our due dates Millie by one day and Emily by five. She still procrastinates lol.



This is Emily's birthday cake. How lovely does that look!!

Anyway back to Emily's birthday preparations I have done a step by step guide to all my recipes if you want to try them out.

Firstly I made the buns/cupcakes.

To make 35 cupcakes
You will need
400g Self raising flour
400g Caster sugar
400g margarine
8 medium eggs
2 teaspoons baking powder





Step One 
cream the margarine and sugar together. do this as long as you can the whiter and creamier you get this bit the better.









Step Two
Add half eggs and mix until combined, then add half flour and baking powder.










Step Three

repeat step two and then mix until creamy and smooth








Step Four
Divide mix into paper cases and bake for 20 mins at 200c









Step Five
Once cooked and golden brown on top remove and allow to cool













This is my recipe for butter cream icing to go on the top which you can do while the cakes are cooling.

You will need
250g Unsalted butter
500g icing sugar
1teaspoon vanilla extract





beat the butter until soft, add icing sugar a little at a time and mix in thoroughly add vanilla and keep on mixing until all combined, soft and smooth.








If like me you don't have a piping bag (because your friend borrowed it and never returned it) then spoon the mix into a polythene food bag








Secure the top with a twixit clip and cut of a small corner and there you have it a bag ready for piping. Store in fridge until you are ready to pipe.










you will end up with something that looks like this













I also made some other little things here are step by step guides to do them too.

Bacon and cheese bites
You will need
a 24 cup mini muffin pan (mine is from Pampered Chef available from me at www.pamperedchef.biz/traceyw )here
A mini tart shaper (again from Pampered Chef here)
260g shortcrust pasty
3 rashers smoked bacon
100g grated cheddar cheese
3 eggs





cut up  your bacon into small pieces and fry off. (I used my Pampered Chef pan as there is no need for oil)






combine your bacon cheese and eggs in a bowl.












shape your tarts by putting a ball of around 10-11g of pastry into each well and pressing your shaper into each one.











divide the mix between the wells and bake for 15-20 mins at 200c. remove and allow to cool.




Mini cheese and onion tartlets

You will need
24 cup mini muffin pan (see above)
260g shortcrust pastry
100g grated cheddar cheese
half an onion
3 eggs

finely chop your onion I used my Manual Food Processor  (available from here











add your cheese and egg and mix until combined





shape tarts as before and divide mix between wells









bake for 15-20 mins at 200c









I then made some mini lemon tarts which is just shaping your pastry as above and adding a teaspoon of lemon curd into each well












I also made some toffee apple tartlets which again you shape your pastry as above, combine luxury toffee sauce (about 2 tablespoons) with 2 apples cut into small chunks.











Divide mix between the wells and bake for 15-20 mins at 200c












Here is Emily blowing out the candles on her cake

Happy Birthday Honey!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add a comment