Sunday 8 July 2012

Life Fun and Baking

Wow did not realise it has been so long since I updated this, where has the time gone??


Well what lovely weather we have been having not lol. Friday was Jessica's sports day at school. They don't do proper sports day anymore wonder why? They say that it is to protect those that aren't very good at sports, yet they give out certificates for those who do well with their reading, writing and maths tests. So those who are great at sport but not great at academia don't get any recognition so unfair. I used to love racing against my friends I loved the thrill of the win and looking back still enjoyed it when I didn't win. They should bring back the proper sports day!! A bit of competition never hurt anyone and if they want to they can big up the academic stuff more. 



Anyway to get back to the point Jessica was awesome at hoola hooping she got her entire body involved bless her I was laughing my head off at her  she was wiggling from her head to her toes. Bless her lol. 



I wish there was a way to turn this vid the right way round :(


On the way home from school we all splashed in the puddles. I think everyone that saw us thought I was crazy. There I was kicking the puddle water at the kids and jumping up and down seeing who could make the biggest splash. The girls loved it! when we got home I had the towels waiting for them I gave them about a metre squared in which they could stand to get naked (everything was completely soaked through) my kitchen floor looked as though it had rained inside. When we took off our wellies we had to pour out a bucketful of water which they found absolutely hilarious. I really love it when I can give them these simple pleasures. 


Saturday was as usual my catch up on cleaning day which I HATE!! Made good progress though and it does look good in here now. But of course very boring and so I won't go on about it. :)


Sunday was a good day too, went over to SIL for Sunday dinner, it was lush though the green beans weren't cooked properly. She is using the Pampered Chef rectangle baker that I gave her for her wedding gift, and the muffin pan that she bought at her mums show (which I did). The Yorkshire puddings were great she could never do them before she became Pampered Chefed lol.


This evening I was hungry and so I made myself some choc chip muffins in my stone muffin pan. I have got to say they were delicious and so I ate 3 (don't tell the kids lol)


The recipe for these is so simple:


Need 
250 g self raising flour
140g caster sugar
150ml milk
120ml vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 large egg
200g chocolate chips


 Method


preheat oven 200c/gas mark 6


put all ingredients into a bowl and mix it doesn't have to be smooth 


divide the mixture into 12 muffin cases and bake for 20 mins until golden brown. 


leave to cool them stuff ya face lol


see told you it was easy!


they turn out lush I am struggling to not eat muffin number four just typing this up lol.


Well that just about brings us up to date. I have a council meeting tomorrow with a surprise for a special member of our community which I will tell you all about tomorrow as right now I am sworn to secrecy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add a comment